Many organizations struggle with ITFM initiatives. Typical challenges include missing or inaccurate data and organizing information that makes sense and empowers decision makers to make good investment decisions. At Cask we have helped organizations find success by focusing on 4 critical components necessary to unlock the hidden value of your IT Investments.
4 Critical Components Necessary to Unlock the Hidden Value of Your IT Investments
- Enable a Service Portfolio. Before you can get any traction in ITFM, you need a service portfolio. Understanding what services are offered and how they are constructed is the best starting place for successful ITFM enablement. Running ahead of this strategic step will result in costs that will not resonate with your customers and business partners and will likely end in a painful rework project.
- Have Complete Services. Providing costs that don’t convey value to the business is one of the biggest challenges in an ITFM initiative. In order to show value, you’ll need services that convey meaning to your constituency. Confused about what a service is and how it needs to function to support ITFM? You’re not alone. We will take an in-depth look at this in our webinar.
- Cost Models based on Service. Once you have done the foundational service work, you can construct meaningful cost models based on service value. This enhances your ability to make better investment decisions about the demand for your services and consequently better budgeting conversations with your business partners.
- Right Value Pathway. Every organization needs to ask itself, “What is the right level of financial management that I need.” Some organizations are going to be OK with functional costs and other organizations will need more detail. Understanding and picking an appropriate pathway is important in getting traction and finding success in your ITFM initiative. In our webinar we’ll discuss different pathways that will help define “success” in your organization.
We will walk you through all of these components and more during our webinar “How to Unlock the Hidden Value of Your IT Investments with Service + Financial Management” on Tuesday, October 10th.
In this webinar, Cask’s Dale Landowski & Mark Liuag will provide an in-depth look at how you should be thinking about IT Financial Management (ITFM) and the strategic linkage to IT Service Management (ITSM) that will provide your organization the key to unlock the promises and expectations associated with ITFM.
Sign up & learn:
- The Anatomy of a Service Portfolio
- How to Build Complete Services
- How to Unlock Value Using Service Cost Models
- Financial Management Value Pathways to Success
Title: How to Unlock the Hidden Value of Your IT Investments with Service + Financial Management
Date: Tuesday, October 10th
Time: 11:00AM PST | 2:00PM EST
Duration: 1 Hour
Location: GoToWebinar link will be sent upon registration
Come join us for our webinar, “How to Unlock the Hidden Value of Your IT Investments with Service + Financial Management”.