Transforming Higher Ed IT Panel: Making The Shift To A Services Focus
When: July 15, 2016 00:00AM - July 15, 2016
Wednesday, October 21st at 9am PST
The fall semester has started at universities across the country, and many schools are beginning to look out into 2016…With over 150 universities across the globe downloading our white paper, Services University: Transform Higher Eduation IT Organizations with a Services Focus, we thought it made a ton of sense to talk to some of our customers about these topics and share this conversation with you!
Join us on October 21st, to hear from Cask’s panel of university customers who are transforming their IT organizations by making the shift to become a services-focused organization. Cask’s Director of Enterprise Solutions, Jason Rosenfeld, will be hosting a panel with several university leaders, to hear their advice, learn from their successes and pitfalls, and hear what they are looking forward to for 2016. We welcome our amazing panel including:
- Lisa Kass, Associate Director, University of Southern California
- Carol Gonzales, Associate CIO, Cal Poly Pomona
- Borre Ulrichsen, CIO, California State University – East Bay
In this webinar, you will get the opportunity to hear the opinions of industry experts based on their first-hand experiences. Some of the questions we’ll be sure to ask are:
- How are Higher Ed IT Departments different from IT departments in other industries? How are they similar?
- What is the most important step in becoming a services-focused organization?
- What is the biggest challenge in transforming an organization to a services focused one?
- What initiatives are you focusing on for 2016?